Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Throne Room of God



The book of Revelation has always scared me, mainly because in the past I knew, without knowing Him, I was well on my way to hell. Since giving my life to Jesus 3 1/2 years ago I have avoided really studying this one book in the Bible. Call it fear or ignorance. Whichever it was, it was wrong. We cannot pick and choose what we want to learn, or believe & follow, when it comes to the Word of God. True, knowledge is power, but revelation from a relationship with Him is beyond powerful. When we allow satan to put fear of the Word in our minds then we allow him to have the power. I have since learned this firsthand.

During today's study I could barely contain my tears and, upon standing, I realized just how much The Holy Spirit had moved through that lesson. The picture above is an artist's rendition of the Throne Room of God that John described in Revelation 4. The fact that God never leaves His throne is beyond amazing. Just ponder on that...He NEVER leaves. No matter what you or I go through in our lives, He is there. He has always been there...even before you were born. As Beth Moore said in today's video, "We must live a theocentric (God-centered) life. Living a self-centered life will never lead to fulfillment." How true that statement is! I know that from serious personal experience. In order to live the victorious Christian life, we must make Him the center of our lives. There is no other way.

I write this to myself, as well as to you. In the coming weeks my circumstances are sure to be trying. The only way I can get through what is coming is to make Him the center of my life, as well as the lives of my children. This is the revelation God has given me and, as much as I wish I weren't, I am scared of what is to come. The only way I can get over that fear is to give it to Him, for He has not given us the spirit of fear. No matter what happens I know that God has placed me where I am for a reason; to influence those whom He has entrusted me with and to learn from these things, among many others I do not know. In the end He will get all the praise and glory. I know that God will not give me more than I can handle, or rather, more than He can handle through me.

3 comments:

  1. Renae,this is a great blog. I have to admit, you are quite transparent on here. I am proud of you! I am in a similar place. Trying to stay focused on keeping him in the center of my life. It is amazing what He does through us when we yield!!!!!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Featured this article on The Prophecy Club on Facebook, great job God bless!

    ReplyDelete