Monday, November 15, 2010

He Giveth More Grace


I am very often asked how I do it by other women and mothers. My answer is usually, "I don't know!" But that's not an entirely true statement. I know exactly how I do it...how I raise 6 children, how I get up before everyone (most days,LOL) and stay up later than everyone, how I cook and clean more times in a day than I can count, how I love my husband more than I knew I could love a man, how I work tirelessly for my church, how I devote my every waking thought and action to my lord Jesus~I do it ALL by His grace and for His kingdom. I am reminded daily that I cannot do 'it' without Him. You see, I didn't always have His grace. I am a new Christian, 3 years to be exact, so for the first 13 years of being a mother I didn't depend on Him, and I was miserable. I know what it's like to be at my rope's end, hanging on by the tiniest thread and having no way of escape from the frustration and stress. That was before I gave Him control over my life. Being a wife and mother is the hardest thing I have ever done, but it has been made a bit easier since that day three years ago. I still have tear-filled moments of frustration, the only difference between now and then is that I now spend those moments on my knees asking Him for a little more strength to make it. Here is a poem that I found recently that inspired this post. I pray that you read it and think of it when you feel like you cannot do 'it' one more second. Darlin', He is there with more grace each day & He knows your needs, all you need to do is receive it. Won't you let Him love on you and fill you with peace beyond all understanding?

He Giveth More Grace~ Annie J Flint

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

No comments:

Post a Comment