Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Homemade Christmas-hand scrubs



Christmas is coming...are you ready? I sure am not but I have hopes of being there pretty soon! Last Christmas I made lots of our gifts for friends and teachers, and hand scrub is just one quick and inexpensive choice. Hand scrubs are something I make quite often to use in my home, and with three teenage daughters they are used quite frequently. I make several different scents & kinds so I will post just my three favorite ones for the holidays. These will keep for several months out of direct sunlight. The amounts are not exact so you can try more or less of an ingredient to see how you like it.

I will be posting ideas of other hand made Christmas gifts in the coming weeks. If y'all have ideas to share, please do! I am always on the outlook for new gift ideas and my readers would welcome them.

PUMPKIN SPICE SUGAR SCRUB
~equal parts white and brown sugar (measure this is in the jar you will be using)
~1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, more for a larger jar
~1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
~enough canola oil to make a 'wet sand' consistency
****Mix well and spoon into a lidded glass jar. Mason jars or clean candle jars are great for this. I usually make a hand-written label and tie it onto the jar with twine, that way it can be removed.

MAPLE/VANILLA SUGAR SCRUB
~equal parts white and brown sugar
~1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
~1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
~enough canola oil to make a 'wet sand' consistency
****Mix well and spoon into a lidded glass jar.

COCONUT SUGAR SCRUB (my personal favorite)
~white sugar
~coconut oil (sold in the baking aisle, it is a firm oil kind of like shortening-a little goes a long way)
~enough olive oil to loosen mixture
~1 teaspoon coconut extract
****Mix well and spoon into a lidded glass jar.

Another great idea is to mix any scented body soap that you like with white sugar to make a cleansing scrub.

Let me add that if you know me personally and you get one of these scrubs as a gift, just act like you never read this. K? Thanks! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am following you from Socialize with me from Sunday to Monday Link Party.

    Thanks for posting the hand scrubs . . . I love homemade stuff :-)

    Visit my blogs when you get a chance . . . Gina

    http://labelladiva.blogspot.com
    . . . and many more!

    ReplyDelete